Anime fans love anything Japanese, especially manga and anime. They enjoy watching Japanese animation movies, reading popular Japanese novels, feel comfort hugging their dakimakura and listening to Japanese music. If you have fallen for someone who deeply loves Anime, this guide will help you to find icebreaker.
Traits Of Anime Fans
Just like fans of other things, Anime fans do many things to celebrate their passion, But there are some common traits in every Anime fans:
- Female anime fans dress up in kimono (Japanese traditional costumes) and watch Japanese drama series.
- Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates anime culture. Many people find it strange to see people dressed in kimono, and they don’t appreciate Japanese music or Japanese dramas. But anime lovers are not harmful, they are just deeply invested in thosematerials.
- These people call themselves “otaku” – a term which literally means “obsessive fan”. They are usually interested in Japanese history, mythology, and culture.
- They may collect manga, anime figures, or other items associated with Japanese pop culture. That’s why collectibles like dakimakura are great gift for them. If you are a girl and have an issue with dakimakura, just buy him a nice figurine.
- Otaku often talk about their interests online, and they share information about anime, manga, and Japanese culture via websites and social media platforms.
What makes anime fans unique?
Anime lovers are assumed to be different from other fans. Here’re the reasons:
- They are passionate about their interest. They feel strongly about their hobby, and they want to share it with others.
- They are proud of their passion, and they don’t hide it.
- They are enthusiastic about their hobby, and many of them speak passionately about it. Some of them even wear T-shirts emblazoned with the names of their favorite characters.
- They are fascinated by Japanese culture, and they often express their feelings about it through art.
- They also use Japanese language and Japanese cultural symbols in their artwork. For example, some anime characters have special weapons called “katanas”, which look like samurai swords.
- They also use Japanese words such as “konbanwa” (good morning), “sumimasen” (excuse me), or “arigato” (thank you). When they meet another otaku, they greet them by saying “konnichiha!” (hello!).
- Most otaku are friendly towards non-fans, and they will welcome them warmly. Some of them even invite non-anime fans to attend conventions and events.
Somehow Otakus have managed to earn “extra” attention while their traits are not any different from those of other obsessed fans.
Why are anime fans considered weird?
Most people think that otaku are weird because they are obsessed with something else. They believe that otaku obsess over anime because they are lonely nerds who live in their parents’ basements.
They also think that otaku are just pretentious geeks who don’t care about anyone except themselves. People who dislike otaku say that they are creepy, boring, and annoying. They also claim that they are rude and arrogant. They think that they are selfish, unhygienic, and socially awkward. That is not entirely true. It actually stems from their disinterest into regular task and deep interest into anything related to Anime.
Many people consider otaku to be weird simply because they are obsessed with anime and manga. But these stereotypes are unfair.
There are lots of normal people who are obsessed with anime. In fact, most otaku are normal, everyday people. They are just ordinary people who happen to be crazy about anime. They are just like any other person who is obsessed with something else.
Are all otaku obsessed with anime?
No. Not all otaku are obsessed with anime. Some of them are interested in anime, but they prefer watching TV programs instead of watching anime films. Others prefer playing video games than watching anime. Still others prefer reading books than watching anime.
However, all otaku are obsessed to some extent. Even if they don’t watch anime, they still read manga and play video games. They might even buy stuff related to anime. For example, they might buy figurines, clothes, or accessories.
If they visit a shop selling anime merchandise, they will probably browse through the shelves and pick out whatever catches their eye.
Otaku are not weird. They are just normal people who are passionate about something. They are not weird because they are obsessed about anime. So, if your boyfriend turns out to be an Otaku, don’t worry.