Accessories are the perfect way to compliment a dapper outfit and there’s no better accessory than a watch for men. For those who love to keep things to a minimum, a watch is enough to complete your overall look. But over time, a watch has been more than just a piece of accessory. If you take care of it properly, you can even pass it down to future generations as a timeless piece of heirloom.
Whether you’re going for a meeting, a date, a day out or simply want to lounge in, if you can’t go a day without your watch, you need to invest in proper care and maintenance to make sure it lasts longer vegamovies.
There are several tips to look after your watch for men other than just avoiding contact with water. If you want to ensure the longevity of your timeless piece, follow these tips to maintain your watch.
- Clean your watch: You must clean your watch every few days with a soft cloth. If dirt and dust are stuck in the gap between the metal band, you can use an unused toothbrush to clean it out.
- Get it serviced: To ensure your watch works well, you need to have the service done every few years by a professional. When buying a branded watch, ask the professionals how often they provide servicing of the watch.
- Keep away from magnets: Magnets and watches don’t do well together. Not most of them know this but keeping a watch near anything magnetic will affect its timekeeping. So, best steer clear of it to make sure your watch works perfectly digitalnewshour.
- Water resistance: These days most watches have water-resistant properties. But that is not the case with vintage pieces, which lose their waterproofness with time. If your watch is not water resistant, a few splashes can be handled well, but you still need to steer it clear of the water. If your watch has a leather strap, it is best to avoid water because leather and water don’t go hand-in-hand.
- Keep it in the box: Don’t make the mistake of throwing away the box your watch came in. To store your watch in the best shape, you can put it back into its box. Wrap it over the soft little pillow it came in before putting it back into the box, so no damage is caused odishadiscoms.
- Limit sun exposure: If you spend hours outside, try to limit the sun exposure on the watch, which can adversely impact its longevity. The more you expose your watch to the sun, the sooner its colour will fade and affect its battery life too.
- Keep away from chemicals: Avoid contact with chemicals to keep your wristwatch longevity. Chemicals such as cleaning supplies and perfume should be kept away from the watch because they can damage your timepiece.
With these wrist watch cleaning and maintenance tips, you can ensure your watch will remain as good as new even after years. Accessorise your look smartly and minimally with a wristwatch.